Perez Hilton’s family says the celebrity blogger remains in the hospital as treatment continues. The planned return of posts to PerezHilton.com offers a sign of operational continuity, not a timetable for his recovery.
Perez Hilton remains hospitalized, and Perez Hilton’s blog, PerezHilton.com, will resume posting soon, according to an update from his family. His family provided the update while asking the public to recognize that the website’s planned return does not mean Hilton has returned to work or completed his recovery.
The distinction matters because the celebrity blogger’s condition has prompted intense online speculation. Family statements describe a serious but stable situation, with treatment expected to be a long process and communication kept tightly limited.
Family separates recovery from the website
The clearest point in the family’s latest message is that two things can be true at once: PerezHilton.com can return to publishing, while Perez Hilton himself remains hospitalized and focused on medical care.

For readers accustomed to Hilton’s constant online presence, that may sound like a contradiction. It is not. A website can be maintained by colleagues, contributors or a support team without signaling that its founder is actively reporting, editing or communicating publicly.
The family has said any reliable updates on his condition should come directly through PerezHilton.com. That guidance is especially relevant when a high-profile figure’s absence creates a vacuum quickly filled by reposts, fragments of video and unverified claims.
What has been confirmed about Hilton
In an Aug. 8 update reported by USA Today, Hilton’s family said he was hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act and was in serious but stable condition. The family said he had experienced significant blood loss and other injuries that would require surgery.
They also said his treatment and recovery would be lengthy. His communication was described as extremely limited, restricted to immediate family, medical providers and people directly involved in his care.
The statement did include one cautiously encouraging detail: Hilton had been able to spend time with his mother and sister. But the family did not give a discharge date, a full medical prognosis or a date for any personal return to public life.
That leaves an important boundary around the update. “Stable” is not the same as recovered, and a resumption of website posts is not a medical update.
Why the hospitalization drew scrutiny
Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office officials said they received multiple calls on Aug. 4 regarding a man livestreaming acts of self-harm on social media. Authorities said Hilton was safely recovered and taken to a local hospital for medical attention, according to reporting from USA Today and NBC News.
The family has warned that inaccurate accounts of the incident and Hilton’s condition have circulated online. That warning is notable in a story shaped by social platforms, where distressing material can spread faster than verified information and can become detached from context.
Responsible coverage means keeping the focus on confirmed facts rather than replaying or elaborating on graphic claims. The known picture is serious enough: Hilton is receiving treatment, his family has asked for privacy, and no independent public account from Hilton has been issued.
A familiar site faces an unusual pause
PerezHilton.com is more than a personal social-media feed. Hilton, whose legal name is Mario Lavandeira Jr., launched the celebrity gossip site in 2004 and built it into one of the most recognizable and polarizing outlets of the early internet celebrity-news era.
Its voice was closely associated with Hilton himself, from its editorial choices to its personality-driven approach to entertainment coverage. That history makes the family’s decision to resume publishing consequential: it preserves the site as an operating outlet while its founder remains away from public communication.
There are competing ways to read that decision. Some may see it as a practical effort to maintain a longstanding business and keep staff or contributors working. Others may find the timing uncomfortable because it arrives amid a deeply personal medical crisis.
Neither interpretation changes the central fact: the family has framed the site’s return as separate from Hilton’s recovery. Readers should be wary of treating routine posts as evidence that his health status has changed.
Privacy request remains central
The family has asked the media and public for privacy as Hilton receives care and relatives support people affected by the incident. They have said his children are safe and being cared for by immediate family.
That request carries extra weight because Hilton’s public career has long involved reporting on the private lives of others. The current situation reverses the usual direction of celebrity-news attention, putting the person behind a major gossip brand at the center of an unfolding and highly sensitive story.
Public interest does not eliminate the need for restraint. The useful information is straightforward: follow authorized family updates, avoid circulating unverified material, and do not infer medical progress from online activity connected to the site.
What remains unknown
The family has not publicly said when Perez Hilton will leave the hospital, when surgery will occur, what his longer-term rehabilitation may involve or when he might personally return to PerezHilton.com, podcasting or social media.
There is also no indication that he has resumed direct communication with the public. For now, the planned restart of posting is an operational update about a website, while the more consequential update remains unchanged: Perez Hilton is still hospitalized and his recovery is ongoing.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger or experiencing a mental health crisis in the U.S., call or text 988 to reach the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. In an emergency, call 911.











Leave a Reply